Monday, February 4, 2008

Rio De Janeiro

A random meeting of friends Michael and Brian from Vancouver who we originally met in Argentina two years ago! They were getting on the ship we just got off and we ran into them on the pier here in Rio. When we meet in Buenos Aires in a week we'll have spent more time with them in South America than Vancouver.


As we walked along the ocean from Copacabana we observed that as we travelled more and more people seemed to be moving in the same direction; and then we heard the drums and met up with this spontaneous parade along the beach in Ipanema - suddenly we were part of Carnaval! I tried uploading a video to give you the sounds and movement but really, we're in Rio and are not going to spend an two hours on this blog!

The infamous "cup of fudge" conveniently located in the menu under coffee so one can order it and still have desert! When asked what he wanted to do in Rio, this was the only thing on Lewis's list. We thought of you Jimmy!

6 comments:

Jim said...

Oh my god, my stomach rolled at the words "cup of fudge". I've been looking to buy that mix here in the states since we were last there!

How dare Michael and Brian try to horn in on my business of traveling with you guys. This will be my only warning.

Are there more photos at Flicker?

Jim said...

Opps, at Picassa?

Jim said...

I'm getting even with you for finding friends out of town. Lyle and I are having dinner next Friday with David and Kyle in SF.

Rachel V. Olivier said...

I'm so glad you have this blog! Hope you enjoyed the cup of fudge. Sounds YUMMY!

Anonymous said...

Rob, did you go to see the penguin colonies? What is the best side trip you took from the ship?

Anonymous said...

Rob, I will arrive in Buenos Aires on Mar. 9, Spendour of the Seas, Royal Caribbean and leave March 12 Your mother was here last weekend and I think there is a good chance she will join us.