Sunday, February 3, 2008

Land!




We've sailed into Rio!!!! Us and over 10,000 other cruise ship passengers - Customs and Immigration was so overwhelmed that they simply gave up! Not even a passport check and it still took us over an hour just to get out of the building - Welcome to CARNAVAL. We've checked into the fabulous IBIS, already lost our friend Sandra, and are on our way out into the messy humid rainy city to do what we always do when in rainy Rio - go to a Mall...More soon now that we're on land and the internet is only $6 per day rather than $40 per hour.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Oh my god, can you pick me up a sunga swimsuit at that cute JC Penny knockoff store we went ot last time at the mall we went to twice?

Saw your mum, auntie Mary and uncle Tub last night. Why do I enjoy your family so much?

Oh, and have a buger at our favorite stand for me. You know I would for you!

Rachel V. Olivier said...

Wow! Look at those mountains! I bet you had a fabulous Mardi Gras! Alas, I must now take down the Mardi Gras party tree. So sad.....