Saturday, February 23, 2008

More friends from Vancouver!

I feel that I'm simply going to have to blame everyone else for our lack of blog updates and as I've learned how to hide comments on this blog, no one can debate me on this! First I blame the trio above who arrived from Vancouver and forced us to go full swing into the amazing Buenos Aires restaurant scene. This means major dining every night that begins around 10 and ends sometime around 1am, and that only leaves time for a bit of skyping and some real-estate hunting on the net (I am obsessed). Above is one of our pre-dinner receptions that Lewis and I held in what we call the "petite salon" (we'll tour the apartment in a different post). The restaurants and food are fantastic and if you know Ben, Jim or Lee ask them how they liked the pepper.

The next excuse is that we unfortunately had a little test of the Argentine medical system. And before any mothers out there get worried, everything is absolutely fine, and we have found the medical system to be excellent, almost unbelievably excellent. It started with what we considered to be a very pesky requirement by all gyms in Argentina to have a medical certificate signed by a doctor prior to them allowing you to join. We finally found a gym that had an on staff doctor who preformed some basic tests and the long and short of it is that Lewis didn't pass and needed to see the cardiologist and he is now completely fine. We did have a couple of stressful days however. Total cost for seeing the cardiologist, having tests and getting a prescription - $0.00. Total waiting time to see the cardiologist in a private clinic - o minutes o seconds (he met us in the elevator). Cost of perscription - $7.00. I think we're staying here when we get old(er).



The size of this city is daunting for someone like me who needs to explore every inch of a place. Its been a bit humid and the best part of Lewis's day after me dragging him around for hours on end is opening the door of the apartment and feeling the icy cool breeze of air-conditioning. According to our realtor/guide/translator this weather is not the norm but she may have been saying that just to keep Lewis interested in buying! On that note, hunting for apartments is going well - lots of great stuff, and lots of fantastic stuff for just a bit more money...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll join you when I'm old... it looks fabulous!

Love you a tonne, Mum
XXOOOXXX

Rachel V. Olivier said...

It sounds like you may have fallen in love.....

Gjh said...

Hi Dads,
Deirdre is sending this for me as it would be too, too boring for me to have to learn how to type. Just to let you know that the Beachfront Vacation Timeshare you arranged for me is turning out really well. The people who are working for me here are doing a good job -- even all their visitors are suitably impressed with my good looks and my laid back charm.
As a matter of fact, I am the Perfect House Guest!
Modestly yours, as always,
Jones, HRH